Trace Blackmore, LEED AP O+M, CWT
Expertise covers a wide range of water based systems:
- Steam heating and humidification boiler system operation
- Cooling water systems – opened and closed
- Steam power generating systems
- Potable and Waste Water operations.
Industries of expertise include but not limited to:
- Food processing
- Textile & Production
- Healthcare facilities
- Commercial Property
Mr. Blackmore has acted as an adviser in the detailed development of water chemistry and control instrumentation for the treatment of cooling and boiler water systems. He has also:
- Developed guidelines for cooling water system performance based on waterqualities, system metallurgies, and operational characteristics.
- Interpreted metallographic analyses to correct material design/use problems for a manufacturer of steam generating equipment and condenser tube failure problems in various process plants.
Mr. Blackmore has served as an expert witness as a reviewer in cases involving piping and equipment failures, Legionnaires disease and treatment applications.
Type of Matter: Legionella Bacteria Outbreak – 2006
Law Firm: Love, Thornton, Arnold & Thomason, PA
Case Name: Estate of George Marion Fleming v Western Forge Corp and Emerson Electric
|Institution||Major||Minor||Degree||Year of Award|
|Georgia Perimeter College,
|Chemistry||Mathematics||Associate of Science||2007|
Professional Career Positions:
|Blackmore Enterprises, President||2003 – Present|
|Association of Water Technologies Education Chair||2012 – Present|
|Association of Water Technologies Board of Directors||2003 – Present|
|Association of Water Technologies Board President||2010 – 2012|
|National Chemical, Territory Manager||1997 – 2003|
|Ray Blackmore and Associates, Staff Technician||1989 – 1997|
Professional Competencies and Certifications:
- PID control methods for chemical feed systems
- Cooling water systems
- Water conservation and water reuse projects
- Industrial water chemical treatment
- Steam generating systems
- Operational procedure evaluations (LEED AP O+M)
- Treatment program effectiveness and conformance to regulatory requirements.
- Legionella Control
- Laboratory and Control Procedures
- Water Treatment Training and Education
Association of Water Technologies (Board of Directors, CWT, Certified Training Instructor)
Nation Safety Counsel, Certified Training Instructor
American Waterworks Association (AWWA)
American Boiler Manufacturers Association (ABMA)
US Green Building Council (USGBC)
Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
Cooling Tower Institute (CTI)
International Water Conference (IWC)
Training seminar instructor for over twenty professional seminars throughout the United States, providing training in all areas of water treatment including cooling water, boiler water, wastewater, potable water, pretreatment systems, legionnaires disease, closed cooling water systems, cooling tower white rust and legislative and regulatory affairs as it pertains to watertreatment. List available on request.
Articles for several publications on the topics of cooling and boiler water, Legionnaires Disease, wastewater and potable water. Bibliography available on request.